Underground Miner - Pumpkin Hollow
Small Mine Development builds and operates America’s underground mines. Our mission is to be the leader in safe, productive and innovative mining solutions. We are seeking motivated, self-starters, that can work safely while ensuring production goals are met. By joining our team, you will be tasked with hard yet very rewarding work that provides opportunities for career development and advancement.
Position: Experienced Underground Miner
Pay Rate: Competitive Hourly Wage (Depending on Experience) + safety and production bonus
Schedule: 7 on 7 off, 12-hour shifts. Rotating days and nights
Area: Yerington, Nevada – Pumpkin Hollow Underground Mine
General Position Overview
Under the direction of the site superintendent, underground miners are responsible for performing all aspects of full cycle, hard rock mining.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our underground miners are tasked with carrying out duties that ensure safety and support to the mining advance; consisting of development mining and rehabilitation of existing access. Those responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- LHD operation
- Installing rock bolt ground support and cable bolt grouting
- Face drilling – Jumbo
- Operating face loading equipment
- Installing/extending air, water and discharge lines
- Installing ventilation
- Hazard recognition and mitigation
- Participation in risk assessments and following SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Conducting thorough pre-operational inspections on equipment
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Work with a safety-first mind set and maintain situational awareness at all times.
- Hold a current MSHA Certificate (5000-23) in underground metal/non-metal mining.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all underground (hard rock) mining equipment applications.
- Have experience in operating Atlas Copco/Epiroc or Sandvik jumbo drills and rock bolters.
- Be trained and experienced in operating underground haulage equipment – articulated LHD loaders.
- Be competent with safety and procedures of loading and blasting face rounds.
- Have experience and ability to efficiently install utilities.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work in year-round weather conditions.
Beneficial Skills but not required:
- Shotcrete application experience
- Operation experience of underground support equipment, e.g., skid steers, forklifts, manlifts, and other equipment.
We offer a strong benefits plan including:
- Enrollment in ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Various insurance offerings through Colonial, including life and short-term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation to and from job site
- Contributions to position specific Continuing Education
Small Mine Development, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Career candidates must pass a drug screen.